On August 7, 2010 the Ypsilanti Historical Society acquired a substantial furniture item that now occupies the space in the Library Room where the upright grand piano once stood. Local resident Roland Schaedig generously donated his antique parlor reed organ to be displayed as a static furniture item in the Dow House. Built on March 11, 1907 by the Ferrand Organ Company in Detroit, Michigan, this reed organ superbly suits the turn-of-the-century time-frame of the museum’s interior appearance. Schaedig restored the interior works of the reed organ in 1972 and it remains fully functional. The upright grand piano previously owned by Mrs. Effie Stone-Warren was donated to the Stony Creek Methodist Church in Ypsilanti where it will receive loving care and congregational use for many years to come. Photo Captions: Photo 1: The newly acquired reed organ was built on March 11, 1907 by the Ferrand Organ Company of Detroit, Michigan.
Rights Held By
Ypsilanti Historical Society