St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
Designed by Detroit architect Gordon W. Lloyd, St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, at 306 North Division Street, was dedicated in 1869. It is the oldest church in the city in continuous use. By 1900 six more stone churches had been completed: First Congregational in 1876, First Baptist in 1881, First Unitarian in 1882, Memorial Christian Church in 1891, Bethlehem United Church of Christ in 1895-96, and St. Thomas the Apostle in 1899.
Bentley Image Bank: BL004810