AADL Snow Removal RFP
Fri, 10/19/2018 - 11:34am by eli
Ann Arbor District Library
Request for Proposal for Snow Removal
The Ann Arbor District Library is requesting proposals for the following service:
This request for proposal is for a three year period, years ending June 30th 2019, 2020 and 2021. The contact person regarding this RFP is Len Lemorie (734-327-4281).
DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATON:
The Ann Arbor District Library is a public entity, which enjoys dual tax status as both a municipality and a 501c3 tax-exempt organization. The library system includes four locations requiring snow removal for sidewalks and paved surfaces.
Contractor will provide all labor, materials, equipment, safety devices, fuel, transportation, supervision and incidentals as necessary for snow/ice removal for all facilities listed.
343 S. 5th Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Malletts Creek Branch Library
3090 E. Eisenhower Pkwy
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Traverwood Branch Library
3333 Traverwood Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Pittsfield Branch Library
2359 Oak Valley Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Parking Areas and Paved Surfaces:
Snow Plowing Service:
The snow plowing service is to be performed when accumulated snowfall meets or exceeds one inch.
- Basic services shall consist of clearing all drives, parking lots and sidewalks (city and private).
- Snow must be piled in the outer perimeter parking areas and lawn areas so as to minimize loss of parking spaces
- If snow accumulation is so great that it cannot be piled in the outer perimeter parking areas or lawn areas the contractor must have the ability to haul it off the property.
- Contractor shall maintain or have available sufficient backup equipment to ensure service in the event of mechanical breakdowns.
Building Entrances and Concrete Sidewalks:
- Remove all snow and ice from all building entrances and sidewalks using snow blower, broom or shovel. This service is to be performed any time snow covers the paved surface.
- Basic snow removal shall consist of clearing the entrance areas and adjacent sidewalk.
Ice Melt Service:
- After surfaces have been cleared, apply ice melt to all concrete building entrances and sidewalks. This service is to be performed to all areas covered with ice or snow.
The proposal shall include all of the following information. Failure to include all of the required information may result in disqualification of a Bidder.
- Bidder’s qualifications, staff profile and experience in providing the services required by this proposal.
- A minimum of 15 years in business as a commercial snow removal contractor in the State of Michigan.
- References: List three (3) references from current customers purchasing similar services. Please include business name, contact name and phone number.
- Provide a complete equipment list including vehicles, front-end equipment, sidewalk equipment and number of employees used for these services.
- Contractor must be a member of Snow and Ice Management Association (SIMA).
- The response due date for this RFP is no later than November 4, 2018.
- We request your proposal be sent via email to:
Ann Arbor District Library
Attn: Len Lemorie
343 S. Fifth Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2293
- The successful bidder will be notified no later than November 19, 2018.
- The Ann Arbor District Library reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted and to request additional information from all proposers. Any contract awarded will be made to the vendor who, based on evaluation of all responses and applying all criteria and oral interviews, if necessary, is deemed to have met all quality and cost considerations of management as determined in management’s sole discretion.