Press enter after choosing selection

Mrs. Glenn Groosbeck Bakes Apple Pies for Ypsilanti United Church Women's Bake Sale, April 1961

Mrs. Glenn Groosbeck Bakes Apple Pies for Ypsilanti United Church Women's Bake Sale, April 1961 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 14, 1961
Caption
BAKE SALE PREPARATIONS: Mrs. Glenn Groosbeck of Roosevelt Blvd., Ypsilanti, is busy baking pies for the Ypsilanti United Church Women's bake sale which will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. tomorrow at Arnet's Cleaners, 25 N. Washington St. Mrs. Carl Scheffler, finance chairman in charge of the sale, has enlisted five churches in the council to contribute to the sale. Church women from St. Matthew's Methodist, Congregational, Brown Chapel Methodist, Emmanuel Lutheran and Presbyterian Churches are contributing the baked goods.

Sgt. Klavitter Dies Suddenly

Sgt. Klavitter Dies Suddenly image
Parent Issue
Day
11
Month
January
Year
1937
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Dairy Company Founder Dies

Dairy Company Founder Dies image
Parent Issue
Day
9
Month
January
Year
1960
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Education leader dies at age 72

Education leader dies at age 72 image
Parent Issue
Day
29
Month
February
Year
1984
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Choir Group Rehearses At Emmanuel Lutheran Church Of Ypsilanti, April 1956

Choir Group Rehearses At Emmanuel Lutheran Church Of Ypsilanti, April 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 20, 1956
Caption
Four Choral Groups To Sing For Church Building Fund: A total of 130 members of four choruses will take part in a concert Sunday at the Emanuel Lutheran Church in Ypsilanti. Proceeds from the program will be turned over to the church's building fund for a new educational unit. Here, Luther H. Fenker, director of all four choir choral groups, rehearses with a portion of the church's intermediate choir. The Ped-Ford Chorus will take part in the program in addition to the three church choirs.

Emmanuel Lutheran Church of Ypsilanti, October 1959

Emmanuel Lutheran Church of Ypsilanti, October 1959 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, October 2, 1959
Caption
Gothic Landmark: Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Ypsilanti has been a landmark since its completion in 1923. This month the congregation is observing the centennial of the founding of the congregation.

Emmanuel Lutheran Church Of Ypsilanti Junior Choir, October 1959

Emmanuel Lutheran Church Of Ypsilanti Junior Choir, October 1959 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, October 21, 1959
Caption
Choir Rehearses For Pageant: The 40 members of Emmanuel Lutheran Church's junior choir rehearsed last night for their part in a public pageant to be given Sunday as the climax to a centennial celebration this month. Entitled "Old Hundredth" the original pageant was written by the director of the church choirs. The pageant, scheduled for 4 p.m. Sunday in Ypsilanti High School, will be open to the public.

Broken Stained Glass Windows at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Ypsilanti, November 1957

Broken Stained Glass Windows at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Ypsilanti, November 1957 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 13, 1957
Caption
Stained Church Windows Broken: Three teenaged boys throwing stones wrecked this stained-glass window scene of Christ as a Shepherd at Ypsilanti's Emmanuel Lutheran Church. They also broke about 10 other panes in another stained-glass window. The youths, who gave no reasons for their actions, were arrested yesterday and will be turned over to county juvenile authorities.

Addition to Emmanuel Lutheran Church of Ypsilanti, April 1957

Addition to Emmanuel Lutheran Church of Ypsilanti, April 1957 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 10, 1957
Caption
Addition Nearing Completion: A $200,000 educational building addition to the Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Ypsilanti is nearing completion. The two-story, stone structure is being constructed by the Kurtz Construction Co. of Ann Arbor, and matches the main building at 201 N. River St. When completed, the 54x100-foot addition will provide space for Sunday school classes and auxiliary seating for some 150 persons. The addition is being partly financed by three-year pledges of the church's congregation. Construction was started late last summer, after officials broke ground in July.