Press enter after choosing selection

Horace C. Williams - Newly Installed Illustrious Potentate Of Al Ashraf Temple No. 167, December 1978

Horace C. Williams - Newly Installed Illustrious Potentate Of Al Ashraf Temple No. 167, December 1978 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 4, 1979
Caption
Horace C. Williams of 3395 LaSalle has been installed as Illustrious Potentate of Al Ashraf Temple No. 167 Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles Mystic Shrine of North and South America and Its Jurisdictions, Inc. The temple serves the cities of Ann Arbor, Monroe, Jackson, Lansing and Ypsilanti. Other officers are John Trotter, chief Rabban; Kenneth Nelson, assistant rabban; Ezekiel Johnson, high priest and prophet; Jesse Hudson, Oriental guide; Robert Barnes, treasurer; and Kenneth Easley, recorder.

Interior lodge room of the Masonic Temple, July 1973

Interior lodge room of the Masonic Temple, July 1973 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 6, 1973
Caption
Lodge Meeting Room Retains 1920s Flavor

Exterior of the Masonic Temple, July 1973

Exterior of the Masonic Temple, July 1973 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 6, 1973
Caption
Masonic Temple Was Dedicated in 1925

New exterior of Masonic Temple, January 1957

New exterior of Masonic Temple, January 1957 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 19, 1957
Caption
NEW FRONT: Completion of a major alteration project at the Masonic Temple building at 327 S. Fourth Ave. finds the steps reversed from the past. Before, the center steps led up and the side steps led down. Inside, the Bendix Aviation Corp. has partitioned the basement into office space. The firm, which has a lease on space in the building to Dec. 31, 1958, with an option for renewal, also will utilize the third floor and the auditorium. The fourth floor will remain for the lodges, to which an estimated 3,000 members belong. A buffet area has been created on the lodge level, as Bendix will use the current clubrooms on the third floor. A spokesman for the 327 S. Fourth Ave. Corp., which operates the building, said that Bendix is the first commercial firm to occupy the Temple since it was opened in 1925. Besides the front alteration, the entrances to the parking lots on the sides have been enlarged.