Mrs. F. C. Cahow Dies At 75 Years
Wife Of Druggist Had Headed Woman’s Club
Mrs. Ada M. Cahow, 75, wife of Freeman C. Cahow, local druggist, and a former president of the Ann Arbor Woman’s Club, died early this morning at the home of her son, Freeman H. Cahow, 4026 Washtenaw Rd.
She had been ill about two years and was with her son because of her illness. The senior Cahows lived at 1505 Shadford Rd.
Long active in the local church circles, Mrs. Cahow was born Sept. 4, 1872, in Camden, Mich., the daughter of Cyrus M. and Melissa Martin Hallock.
She was a graduate of Tri-State Normal College, Angola, Ind., and was married to Mr. Cahow on Oct. 4, 1893. They came to Ann Arbor 27 years ago, when Mr. Cahow established his business here.
An active member of the First Presbyterian Church, Mrs. Cahow was a former president of the Presbyterian Circle of King’s Daughters. She also was a member of the Woman’s Association of the church, and a member and former officer of the Good Will Circle of King’s Daughters. Much of her work was done in the field of publicity.
Surviving besides her husband and son are a sister, Mrs. Fred Ewing of Schenectady, N. Y.; a brother, John B. Hallock of Hillsdale; and two grandchildren, Suzanne and John.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 Monday morning at the Muehlig Funeral Chapel, with Revs. William H. Henderson and Edmund Wylie officiating. Cremation will follow. Friends may call at the chapel.