Michigan's first German congregation was organized in 1833 west of town by Pastor Friedrich Schmid. In 1845, on the northeast corner of Washington and First Streets, the congregation built this church from which both Bethlehem United Church of Christ and Zion Lutheran Church trace their lineage.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library