Press enter after choosing selection

City's love of old has new meaning

City's love of old has new meaning image
Parent Issue
Day
4
Month
September
Year
1980
Copyright
Copyright Protected

W. Liberty Building Sold

W. Liberty Building Sold image
Parent Issue
Day
1
Month
May
Year
1975
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Old Buildings' Sale Approved

Old Buildings' Sale Approved image
Parent Issue
Day
1
Month
April
Year
1975
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Lima Center Interurban Station

Month
July

 

Janice Stevenson, owner of Wackenhut Gartens, says people often guess that her store at Jackson and Lima Center roads was originally a church or a school. A former resident reported that people often knocked at his door thinking it was the township hall.

Demolition of Haunted Tavern, September 1940

Demolition of Haunted Tavern, September 1940 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 21, 1940
Caption
LANDMARK BEING TORN DOWN: Workmen have started razing of "The Haunted Tavern," 417 E. Huron St., one of the city's oldest landmarks.

Construction starts on future Campus Theater at 1208 S. University, September 1956

Construction starts on future Campus Theater at 1208 S. University, September 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 15, 1956
Caption
CONSTRUCTION STARTS: Construction is shown underway here on a new Butterfield theater in the 1200 block of S. University Ave. This picture is shown looking toward S. University. The structure will be one floor and will seat about 1,000 persons. It is reportedly the first indoor theater built in Michigan in nearly 10 years.

Aprill Home & Smokehouse on Scio Church Rd, November 1936

Aprill Home & Smokehouse on Scio Church Rd, November 1936 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 18, 1936
Caption
SMOKE HOUSE 102 YEARS OLD: The smoke house shown above was built in 1834 by Jacob Aprill on a farm which he took over from the government at that time. The present house was also built by the grandfather of the present owner, George Aprill, 80 years ago. The 329-acre farm lies along the Scio Church Rd.