William R. Thomson's Washtenaw House Hotel, 1832
William R. Thomson's Washtenaw house hotel open in 1832. With a ballroom and bar, it attracted distinguished guests from all over the state, including Stevens T. Mason, Michigan's first governor. A rooming house by 1878, it was torn down in 1927.
Frame location: East side at north end of bridge
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library