The Apostles Club, faculty bachelors who banded together in 1900, first rented a boarding house at 1218 South University, complete with resident landlady as cook. This gave them a position in society without the expense of running a house on a junior faculty salary. Members had great fun at meals around a single table. They hosted large formal dances and lavish "at home" parties. Their bylaws provided for "recreating." Their baseball teams played against such opponents as the "Henpecked Husbands."
Frame location: North side of South University on lawn extension just west of Washtenaw, facing south-southeast
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library