Architect Opens Branch Office Here
Prof. Walter Sanders of the University School of Architecture and Design, a partner of the architectural firm of Sanders & Maslin in New York, has opened a branch office of his firm here.
It will be located at 309 S. State St.
Prof. Sanders is a native of Ann Arbor who took his BS in architecture at the University of Illinois and his master of Architecture at the University of Pennsylvania. He taught at Columbia University and formerly was an architectural design critic at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, N. Y.
His New York firm, organized in 1938, has specialized in commercial and residential architecture in the east, south and midwest.
During the war years he served in the European Theater of Operations with the Air Force, leaving the service with the rank of lieutenant colonel.
For the past two years Prof. Sanders has been a visiting lecturer here, and recently was appointed to the faculty.