Press enter after choosing selection

House Moving on Broadway from the Site of the New Woman's Athletic Building, August 1952

House Moving on Broadway from the Site of the New Woman's Athletic Building, August 1952 image
Year:
1952
Published In:
Ann Arbor News, August 27, 1952
Caption:
HOUSE ON WHEELS: Broadway -- one of Ann Arbor's widest streets -- is almost completely filled as this house is rolled from its previous location at 1314 N. University Ave. to a new address on Pear St. It was moved to make room for the University's new Woman's Athletic Building. Charles J. Botero, a U-M graduate student, owns the house which is pictured here just north of the Broadway Bridge.

House Being Moved South On State Street, November 1950

House Being Moved South On State Street, November 1950 image
Year:
1950
Published In:
Ann Arbor News, November 16, 1950
Caption:
House-moving has become fairly commonplace in Ann Arbor, with residences transferred to make way for new buildings, but seldom are the houses routed through business districts. This one, moved to make way for a parking lot for the Muehlig Funeral Chapel on Fourth Ave., was photographed at a busy campus area intersection, S. State St. and N. University Ave. It was being moved to 259 Crest Ave. Strangely, the house was first transported east, on a selected route, although its destination was on the west side of the city. The route was Liberty to State St., then to Rose St., White St., Stadium Blvd., W. Liberty St. and finally to Crest.

Two Houses Moved Along Washtenaw Avenue, August 1951

Two Houses Moved Along Washtenaw Avenue, August 1951 image
Year:
1951
Published In:
Ann Arbor News, August 29, 1951
Caption:
These two houses, shown being moved down Washtenaw Ave., were taken from the S. Forest - N. University Ave. block yesterday to make way for the proposed new University Women's Athletic Building.