Press enter after choosing selection

Jones School

Jones School was an anchor of Ann Arbor’s historically Black neighborhood (what is now Kerrytown) from the early twentieth century until 1965. Many living Ann Arbor residents remember attending Jones School during the Civil Rights Era. In 1964 the Ann Arbor Board of Education acknowledged that, with over 75% Black students, Jones was a “de facto” segregated school. Jones School closed in 1965, and several years later the building reopened as Community High School.

Mrs. Joseph Sharp

Mrs. Joseph Sharp image
Parent Issue
Day
27
Month
February
Year
1948
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Partial Jones School Closing Urged

Partial Jones School Closing Urged image
Parent Issue
Day
11
Month
June
Year
1964
Copyright
Copyright Protected