Press enter after choosing selection

Charles E. Wright in the adoption room at the New Humane Society on Cherry Hill Road, June 1951

Charles E. Wright in the adoption room at the New Humane Society on Cherry Hill Road, June 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 11, 1951
Caption
Ceremonies marking the formal dedication of the new $100,000 Washtenaw County Humane Society shelter at 3113 Cherry Hill Rd. (top) will be held at 10:30 tomorrow morning. It is among the most modern and up-to-date plants in the country. Among the facilities is a 25-cage "adoption room" (bottom), where animals are displayed for adoption. Workin in the room is Charles E. Wright, assistant to the humane officer.

Members Of The Be Kind To Animals Club Visit The Humane Society And Its Officer, Herbert L. Gay, January 1952

Members Of The Be Kind To Animals Club Visit The Humane Society And Its Officer, Herbert L. Gay, January 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 14, 1952
Caption
Rendering a real service to animals are these four members of the Washtenaw County Be Kind To Animals Club. Saturday they presented a $100 check to Herbert L. Gay (right), Humane Society officer, to help pay for the operating table and some of the equipment in the cabinet now installed in the animal shelter at 3113 Cherry Hill Rd. Gay and his assistant, Charles E. Wright, made the table from an old barber chair and a piece of stainless steel. Club members (standing left to right) are Kent Marquis, Wendy Dobson and Alison Myers. Hope Forsythe is seated on the table and holding a dog.

The Rink

The Rink image
Parent Issue
Day
14
Month
May
Year
1884
Copyright
Public Domain