Press enter after choosing selection

Ypsilanti Gleanings, Fall 2005

Ypsilanti Gleanings, Fall 2005 image
Publisher
Ypsilanti Historical Society
Month
September
Year
2005
Download PDF
Rights Held By
Ypsilanti Historical Society
OCR Text

Official publication of the Ypsilanti Historical Society, featuring historical articles and reminisces of the people and places in the Ypsilanti area.

In This Issue:

Dedication of the Dr. William P. Edmunds Ypsilanti Room: Dr. “Bill” Edmunds provided decades of leadership to the Ypsilanti Historical Society.
One Hundred Eighty One Years of Methodism in Ypsilanti: Methodism in Ypsilanti dates back to the early 1800s to the ministry of Elias Pattee.
The Willoughby Family: Read about the stories of this family who arrived in Ypsilanti shortly after it was settled.

Shorts:

Lost Ypsilanti Speaks: The first “Lost Ypsilanti Speaks” exhibit was a huge success. This article is about one location covered in the exhibit.
Mary Ann and John Starkweather: The farmhouse and property at 1266 Huron River Drive has been designated as the Starkweather Historic District by the Ypsilanti City Council.
Starkweather Memorial Chapel in Highland Cemetery: This historic structure is in need of restoration and efforts are underway to place it on the National Register of Historic Places.
Wander Washtenaw: The Ypsilanti Historical Museum is back on the Wander Washtenaw Tour scheduled for Saturday, September 24.
Finds — Fletcher White Archives: It is surprising what we find in the Fletcher White Archives. This 1815 New York State lottery ticket has been around for 190 years.

Society Briefs:

From the President's Desk
Antique Roadshow
News from the Fletcher-White Archives
Museum Advisory Board Report

Download PDF

Doc

Subjects
Ypsilanti Gleanings