Sanctuary of New Second Baptist Church, May 1953
Thu, 03/09/2017 - 3:01pm
The sanctuary of the new $120,000 Second Baptist Church at Beakes St. and N. Fifth Ave. is shown above. The church, of contemporary design throughout, will be dedicated at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow. The cross on the altar is a gift of Probate Judge Jay H. Payne in memory of his mother. The baptistry is behind the altar. Local architects Kasurin and Kasurin designed the building, and the Kurtz Building Co. was the general contractor. The painting behind the altar was done by a former member.
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.