Dixboro Garage, Ca. 1936
Wed, 05/07/2014 - 1:26pm
Dixie Gas was the popular brand of gasoline in the 1930s in the hamlet of Dixboro. Actually, it was the only brand available in the little burg. The gas station, car repair and auto sales were located on Plymouth Road, near Cherry Hill Road. It was owned by the two Harolds: Harold Bissel and Harold Zeeb. That's teenager Bernard (Barney) Schmid pumping petrol into Bill Leslie's sharp coupe.
Photograph by Mr. Nelson of Dixboro.
Keywords: commerce, merchants, automobile service stations,