Press enter after choosing selection

City Accepts Hunt Property

City Accepts Hunt Property image
Parent Issue
Day
18
Month
May
Year
1943
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Hunt Park Under Construction At Spring St & Sunset Rd, August 1951

Hunt Park Under Construction At Spring St & Sunset Rd, August 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 13, 1951
Caption
NEW CITY PARK FOR NORTHWEST SIDE: The Ann Arbor City Park department is proceeding with grading and fill work on a new city park in the northwest section. View above (facing north shows Spring St. (left), Sunset Rd. (top) and Daniel St. (right). Playground (light area in foreground) will be seeded, Park Supt. E. A. Gallup said today, and the ravine at the top filled, seeded and landscaped. A softball diamond (right center) has been in use. A coasting area will be provided from Spring St. About 60 to 70 per cent of the seven-acre area will be usable next summer, Gallup estimates. The park is unofficially called "Hunt Park" for its donors, Mr. and Mrs. Ormond E. Hunt of Detroit, formerly of Ann Arbor.

"Washtenaw" Stone For Hugh Gray Memorial, with Arthur W. Stace, Eli Gallup, and Joseph Arnet, May 1938

"Washtenaw" Stone For Hugh Gray Memorial, with Arthur W. Stace, Eli Gallup, and Joseph Arnet, May 1938 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 26, 1938
Caption
WASHTENAW STONE GOES INTO CAIRN: This 600-pound boulder is Washtenaw county's contribution to the cairn to be erected on the Old Mission peninsula north of Traverse City. A stone from each county of the state goes into this monument to Hugh Gray, dean of the Michigan tourist association men. Left to right, inspecting the stone, are Eli A. Gallup, superintendent of parks, who gave the boulder, Joseph L. Arnet, in whose granite plant it was engraved, and Arthur W. Stace, chairman of the Washtenaw county committee.

Ann Arbor's New Airport Is Dedicated

Ann Arbor's New Airport Is Dedicated image
Parent Issue
Day
9
Month
October
Year
1928
Copyright
Copyright Protected