The Ann Arbor Argus grew out of the Michigan Argus, renamed by new owner John N. Bailey beginning with the October 17, 1879 issue. The democratic paper frequently switched between weekly and semi-weekly publication throughout its history. The Ann Arbor Argus name ended (for a time) when it merged with Ann Arbor Democrat and Ypsilanti Weekly Times into one newspaper, the Ann Arbor Argus-Democrat.
To learn more about the Ann Arbor Courier, read A History of the Newspapers of Ann Arbor 1829-1920 by Louis W. Doll. Old News features articles digitized from the following issues of the Ann Arbor Argus. Visit each issue for a full list of articles.