The Ann Arbor Argus-Democrat was formed in October 1898 when the Ann Arbor Argus, Ann Arbor Democrat, and Ypsilanti Weekly Times merged into one newspaper. It was published under this name until January 1906, when it was renamed the Ann Arbor Weekly Argus, having become largely a weekly reprinting of articles published in the Ann Arbor Daily Argus. The Ann Arbor Argus-Democrat was the leading weekly Democratic paper published in Ann Arbor during this time.
To learn more about the Ann Arbor Courier, read A History of the Newspapers of Ann Arbor 1829-1920 by Louis W. Doll. Old News features articles digitized from the following issues of the Ann Arbor Argus-Democrat. Visit each issue for a full list of articles.