Book a room online using your aadl.org website account and your Library Card! We have self-bookable meeting rooms at all locations. Simply log in to aadl.org, add your Library Card in your Account Settings, and browse listings for rooms to see the current bookings and availability.
You can book each room for up to 2 hours per day up to 12 times per calendar year with your library card. You can book rooms online as little as one day in advance.
Same-day Bookings can be made in person, or by calling or texting 734-327-4200 when the library is open. Same-day bookings are limited to one hour per patron. Rooms are available first-come, first-served when not booked. The aadlfreespace at the Downtown Library and Muskrat Room at Pittsfield can only be booked online and cannot be booked same-day.
The Whiffletree and Lamplighter rooms are both located on the 2nd floor of the Downtown Library. Each room can seat 8-10 people and contains a wall-mounted screen.
The aadlfreespace is on the 3rd floor and contains 39 seats, 9 tables, 2 dry-erase boards, and a wall-mounted screen with HDMI and VGA cables. When you arrive for your time slot, please come to the second floor desk and ask to be let into the freespace by a staff member.
At Malletts Creek Branch, the River Birch Room seats 10-12 and has a wall-mounted screen, and the Rain Garden Room seats 6-8.
At Pittsfield Branch, the Muskrat Room seats up to 35 and includes a wall-mounted screen. The Bluebird Room and the Painted Turtle Room each seat 8 and include wall-mounted screens.
The Emerald Room seats 5 and includes a wall-mounted screen.
Westgate Meeting Room A seats 5 people and Westgate Meeting Room B seats 8 people. Each room includes high-speed wifi, tabletop power, a wall-mounted screen, and an HDMI cable built into the table.
Things to Know Before You Book a Room
- When you book a room, you agree to follow the Rules of Behavior and the Meeting Room Policy. Failure to follow these rules may result in revocation of your booking privileges.
- Groups using AADL rooms may not charge admission, raise money, offer items for sale, or interfere with normal Library operations.
- Free on-site parking is not available at the Downtown Library but is available at each of AADL's branches.
- No staff assistance or audio-visual equipment is provided.
- No materials may be hung or affixed to any walls.
- No custom furniture arrangement is provided. Furniture must remain in the room.
- The library will not be responsible for loss or damage of personal property.
- Meeting rooms are expected to be left in the same condition in which they were found.
You can view all your room bookings by going to your My Account page and clicking on "Room Bookings" on the left-hand side of the page. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call any library information desk at 734-327-4200.